March 14, 2014

Book Look: I Didn't Do My Homework Because… by Davide Cali and illustrated by Benjamin Chaud





So my hubby recently took me on a date. Being that he is wonderful and knows what makes me happy, instead of buying me chocolate covered crickets, or a dozen venus fly traps, he bought me this book: I Didn't Do My Homework Because… written by Davide Cali and illustrated by Benjamin Chaud (published this year by Chronicle Books).

I love this cheeky book. It starts off with a kid weaving tall tales to convince his teacher why he wasn't able to finish his homework. From dueling uncles to a robot on a rampage, the boy has a slew of fantastically absurd excuses that get wackier by the page. But in the end, our irreverent little storyteller finds out that his teacher has read the same excuses from the same book! (Curses!) Accompanied by beautifully detailed and off the wall illustrations, I could see how it could suck any reluctant reader into reading this story all the way to the end.

I fully recommended for anyone who loves a wonderfully silly book or maybe even for someone looking for an entertaining distraction from their homework.




No comments: